Saturday, July 14, 2007

First Waypoint Reached

Hey, I'm pleased. I've reached the first waypoint on my overly ambitious schedule. The as of today, July 14th the narrative has left St Louis - the goal was July 15th. It was close but at least I didn't fall on my face over the first hurdle.

The writing is actually coming somewhat easier now. Now when I have outlined in my head what happens next I'm looking forward to writing it out and when I sit down at the keyboard I know that it will come with less effort than before. I realize that its the first glimmerings of confidence - I'm not sure how the outside world will judge it when the time comes but I'm starting to get a good feeling about the process.

Also, the characters are starting to wake up and move around on their own. The broad outline is still being followed but at least small things are happening that I didn't expect.

So....what about follow on intermediate goals, that I'm calling waypoints? Out of New Orleans in a month? Ambitious. The way overly optimistic item on the timeline is the month and a half blocked out for the first rewrite. We'll see.

No comments: