Thursday, October 18, 2007

Revised Goal Schedule

I knew my original goal schedule was too optimistic. Silas was supposed to be in Panama City by September 15th, he arrived there October 14th. One month behind. So, a revised schedule:

November 13th: Silas arrives in San Francisco

December 20th: First Draft complete.

I can then take a break over the Christmas holidays, prepare for my job related annual recurrent training, then get into the Great Rewrite.

With regards to Silas getting to San Francisco, I'm pretty confident of makiing the revised goal schedule because there are only a few significant events planned for that leg of the voyage. After that, though, the entire wind-up crescendo of the novel takes place as all the elements I've created come to the Gold Rush for the final conflict and conclusion.

On the one hand its going to be a big chunk of writing, on the other I'm thinking it might go pretty fast because I've been looking forward to writing it. I have an ending planned which I believe will be a good one.

We'll see.

For now, I need to get him to San Francisco.

No comments: