Monday, June 25, 2007

If You Blog & No One Clicks Is it Still Virtual Reality?

There's a question I've been wondering about. When does cyber land become the cyber void? Or is that backward - one starts out posting to a cyber void and then, maybe, if people discover the site, it becomes cyber land, part of the cyber landscape?

In any case, I know of only one person who has visited this blog, my friend the aspiring novelist, which is fine, for now.

The word count on the Secret Project is now 40,000 which is bothersome as I would estimate that I'm only perhaps 25% through the storyline as currently envisioned. Word on the street holds that 100,000 is the optimum ballpark figure for agents considering taking on a new author.

In consultation with my wife, SFF, it has been decided to just press on and let the story flow, we'll see how it turns out. Good editing in the first rewrite will doubtless prune it down some, after that we'll just have to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I'm reading all of your blog posts from the beginning, and I'm going to visit your blog daily.

I'm pretty much in the same writing place you are: more ambition than credentials. But when I read some of the tripe that is out there published, I am confident that my novels can find a home.

Blogs are weird, aren't they? Who reads them, and more importantly, why write them? I keep mine solely for myself. If someone else reads it, great. If they comment, great. If they don't, I'll still make posts.

I wish you the best of luck. I'll keep coming back.

(Also, I don't give much credence to the whole Stephen King mystic. What worked for him may not work for anyone else.)