Saturday, February 9, 2008

First Rewrite Complete!

The first rewrite is complete, Overboard now exists in version 2.0.

I also completed the 2nd Draft well ahead of schedule.  Some stats:

Today's goal:    84.9% complete
Today's result:  100.0% complete

2nd Draft originally scheduled to be complete 15 Feb, actually complete 09 Feb.

1st Draft word count:  206,300
2nd Draft word count: 190,500

Percent reduction 1st Draft to 2nd:  8.7%

Today I did some formatting for better readability and as I type this the first of four copies is coming off the printer.  Copies should be in the mail Monday to my mother/father, brother/sister, and Sneezer.  Only Sneezer knows about the project.

WHICH MEANS that my Secret Project is about to be secret no longer.  After approximately 11 months of working on the book it will be going out into the world, all naked and new and vulnerable.  I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and all of a sudden I feel trepidation.

To quote Marty McFly, "What if they don't like it?  What if they think I'm no good?  I just don't think I could handle that type of rejection."

Yes, I can handle that type of rejection, but it would be rather a bummer.  Still, brutally honest feedback is what I want.

Mom, Dad, Janet, Daren, Sneezer - if you click back on this blog and see this post after you read the manuscript........yes, I want your honest, no-holds-barred opinions.

No comments: